Friday, April 3, 2009

Legal Drug Money

If you know me well, you know I'm a music head. I mainly listen to rap/hip-hop as well as reggae, rnb, and jazz. But I'm a rap music type of guy.

Now we all know Illmatic is the greatest rap album of all time, or at least I think it is. That's so easy to tell though. What's the number 2? I'm going to give you my take on it. There are tons of rappers: Jay-Z, Rakim, Kool G Rap, Scarface, etc... that could take that number 2 title. That's cool... When it boils down to replay value, character, and approach I'm going to say Legal Drug Money is the number 2. Legal Drug Money wasn't like your typical album, commercialized to make sales. It was music made by certain type of people, and for certain people. Outside of New York City a lot of people don't know Mr. Cheeks, Spig Nice, Pretty Lou, and Freaky Tah (R.I.P.). They don't even know about LB Fam (which still gets repped in Queens). Maybe I'm partial from Queens but when I hear that album, knowing they talk about the same Linden Blvd that I walk up and down, it hits close to home.

Download Legal Drug Money (off iTunes of course. Pay for it you cheap bastards!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Q^UEEENZ!!..Q^UEEENZ!!..cop killa queenz is where itz at yo i dare anywun to tell me otherwise..we bred sum ov da finer NY rapperz((minus fiddy,we dont claim him in no sort ov way))..no offense to jay z buh if yu payd close attention to nas yu'd see wa im talkin bout..nas wud smack jay out n send him to a corner for a time out,fa realz..